While busy preparing and promoting the release of his fourth studio and upcoming album, ‘Until the Quiet Comes‘, Flying Lotus is back again after first premiering his latest track with Erykah Badu, “See Thru To U” just this past week.
Along with Pitch Fork TV, director Mark Zemel follows Flying Lotus along from his live performances at Forecastle Festival in Kentucky to Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago. 16-minutes of great insight into the life and production methodology of one of the most buzzed-about producers on the scene. We’re able to glimpse his set preparation and here a bit about his roots and history into production, including the mold he broke from with the jump to digital. Alongside his life on tour, brief appearances are made by Bassnectar and Megan James from Purity Ring to top it off.
‘Until the Quiet Comes‘ will feature guest work from Thom Yorke and Thundercat. Available October 2nd.
- (00:00) – Intro – A Cosmic Drama
- (00:45) – Track from ‘Until The Quiet Comes’
- (01:30) – Physics For Everyone
- (02:56) – Auntie’s Lock Infinitum (Feat. Laura Darlington)
- (03:54) – Massage Situation
- (04:21) – Hudson Mohawke – Lambo Furnace (FlyLo Remix)
- (05:09) – RobertaFlack (Feat. Dolly)
- (08:18) – Zodiac Shit
- (09:04) – Camera Day
- (09:42) – The Underachievers – Gold Soul Theory
- (10:14) – Zodiac Shit
- (12:1) – Schoolboy Q – Hands On The Wheel (FlyLo Remix)
- (15:20) – Waka Flocka Flame – Hard In Da Paint (FlyLo Remix)